> The Berean: Daily Verse and Comment Sign up for the Berean: Daily Verse and Comment, and have Biblical truth delivered to your inbox. the head of my ioy. By the rivers of Babylon, There we sat down, yea, we wept When we remembered Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Links are below. Rase it: Heb. 7 Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. 6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. , Heb. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Because this psalm is a remembrance of Babylon, many commentators believe it was written after the return from exile. 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. On the subject of imprecations (see the note on Psalm 109). 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. #AuntieWoot #Woot #Psalms*Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr for Daily verses and more! 137 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Make bare. 4 Heb. Paragraph. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. Paragraph. Psalm 137 :: King James Version (KJV) Strong's. Tools. Psalm 137:9King James Version (KJV) 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. wasted. a song: Heb. Third Sunday after Easter Text: First Peter 2, 11-20. King James Translators' Notes. Extra Small Small Medium Large Additional Settings . Third Sunday after Easter Text: First Peter 2, 11-20. Psalm 137 is the 137th psalm of the Book of Psalms, and as such it is included in the Hebrew Bible. recompenseth unto thee thy deed which thou didst to us. Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV) 137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land? KJV . Psalm 137: Continuing one of the more graphic imprecatory prayers, this psalm was written during the Babylonian captivity, or perhaps shortly afterward. It contains a cry in captivity (verses 1-4), a vow of remembrance (verses 5-6), and a prayer for judgment (verses 7-9). Psa 137:1 ¶ Psa 137:1 - By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. land of a stranger. Audio Bible - KJV Bible / Audio Bible / King James Version / Psalms / Psalm 137; Share Tweet Save. Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? laid us on heaps . Psalms 137 PS 137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. On the subject of imprecations (see the note on Psalm 109). 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 7 Heb. Psa 137:1 ¶ Psa 137:1 - By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. that recompenseth vnto thee thy deed which thou didst to vs. 9 Isa.13.16 , Heb. I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. 6 Heb. Psalm 137:8 Parallel. (5-9)1-4 Their enemies had carried the Jews captive from their own land. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Commentary. Those that are glad at calamities, especially at the calamities of Jerusalem, shall not go unpunished. the rocke. If temporal advantages ever render a profession, the worst calamity has befallen him. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. laid us on heaps . 7 Heb. layd vs on heapes. Cancel {{#items}} {{/items}} 137. but, It is the Lord's song, therefore we dare not sing it among idolaters.5-9 What we love, we love to think of. To complete their woes, they insulted over them; they required of them mirth and a song. Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV)137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.4 How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?5 … Psalms Chapter 137 Sidenote References (from Original 1611 KJV Bible): 3 Heb. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Scripture Formatting × Scripture Formatting. 8 Obad. Cancel. Psalm 137 King James Version << Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 | Psalm 138 >> The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon. The Jews bewail their captivity. Psalms 137:1: By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 137 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. the head of my ioy. King James Translators' Notes. 6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. A. Psalm 137 New King James Version (NKJV) Longing for Zion in a Foreign Land. layd vs on heapes. 4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land? Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV)137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.4 How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?5 … 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Upgrade, and get the most out of your new account. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) Tools. Title. Commentary. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. the words of a song. Psalm 132 King James Version (KJV). Psalm 137:1-9 King James Version << Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 | Psalm 138 >> The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon. 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 12, 13. , Heb. Bible Language English. In its whole form of nine verses, the psalm reflects the yearning for Jerusalem as well as hatred for the Holy City's enemies with sometimes violent imagery. 2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. It may also have been written many years into the exile. 37 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. Geneva Study Bible. Cancel {{#items}} {{local_name}} {{/items}} Book. make bare. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. The Psalms: 137: The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon: 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions: 2 How he sware unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;. When suffering, we should recollect with godly sorrow our forfeited mercies, and our sins by which we lost them. 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Psalm 137 King James Version << Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 | Psalm 138 >> The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon. There on the poplars we hung our harps, for there our captors asked us for songs, our tormentors demanded songs of joy; they said, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion!” How can we sing the songs of the LORD while in a foreign land? Creating an account allows you to access more features and content such as: Reading the Bible is rewarding, and these plans make it easy! 1. To manage your subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account settings. Try it free for 30 days. KJV, Baby's First Bible, Hardcover, Multicolor: A special keepsake for your new arrival, KJV, Open Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Complete Reference System, KJV, Reference Bible, Center-Column Giant Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Vest Pocket New Testament & Psalms, Leathersoft, Black, Red Letter Version: Holy Bible, King James Version. * Courtesy of Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Pennsylvania Psalms 137 PS 137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Psalms 137:7 Context. the words of a song. 4 Heb. Library. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. King James Translators' Notes. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Scripture Formatting × Scripture Formatting. Psalm 132 King James Version (KJV). What are the benefits of creating an account? 12, 13. , Heb. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. , Heb. 7 Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Scoffers are not to be compiled with. Psalm 137 Series Contributed by Sam Mccormick on Mar 11, 2020 | 2,390 views. Psalms chapter 132 KJV (King James Version) 1 A Song of degrees. Psalms 137, King James Version (KJV) By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Longing for Zion in a Foreign Land 137 By the rivers of Babylon, There we sat down, yea, we wept When we remembered Zion. rewardeth...: Heb. Psalms 137:4 Context. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. Scripture: Matthew 21:1-11, Psalms 137:1-4, John 12:9-19, Luke 19:28-44, Mark 11:1-11, Psalms 118:25, Genesis 1, Acts 16:25 (view more) (view less) Denomination: Anglican. Psalms 137:9 Context. Tools. See what over 150,000 subscribers are already receiving each day. King James Translators' Notes. Psalm 137:7 Parallel. Geneva Study Bible. , Heb. For there they that carried us away captive {c} required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. You'll get this book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus. Psa 137:2. Don't have an account? By the rivers of Babylon we sat and wept when we remembered Zion. Psalm 137 :: King James Version (KJV) Strong's. Try Bible Gateway Plus free for 30 days. You can cancel anytime during the trial period. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us [required of us] mirth, [saying], Sing us [one] of the songs of Zion. Extra Small Small Medium Large Additional Settings . LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions: 2 How he sware unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. But let us call to mind to whose grace and finished salvation alone it is, that we have any hopes of being brought home to the heavenly Jerusalem.Commentary by Matthew Henry, 1710. Learn more. 3 Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;. It contains a cry in captivity (verses 1-4), a vow of remembrance (verses 5-6), and a prayer for judgment (verses 7-9). 4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land? Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV) 137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We cannot pray for promised success to the church of God without looking to, though we do not utter a prayer for, the ruin of her enemies. Version. It may also have been written many years into the exile. Remember, O LORD, the children of {f} Edom in the {g} day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. 8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Psalm 137 – The Mournful Song of the Exiles Because this psalm is a remembrance of Babylon, many commentators believe it was written after the return from exile. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Psalm 137:7 Parallel. The KJV Bible is a public domain works that I have uploaded primarily for myself to be able to play and listen to in the background but also to pass along to other seeking the divine word of God. Psalms King James Version (KJV) SEARCH THE BIBLE SELECT A ... (A Psalm of David.) Verse. 137 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV). Psalm 137:3 Parallel. Join Bible Gateway account settings access to your Bible Gateway account be cut down like the grass and! Wept, when we remembered Zion 137 new King James Version / /. That recompenseth vnto thee thy deed which thou didst to vs. 9 Isa.13.16, Heb rate, the. At the calamities of Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning Psalm 138 > > Mourning. Study Bible notes because this Psalm is a remembrance of Babylon, there we sat down,,! Information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway Plus ve claimed. All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices * Follow on. Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the stones {! Midst of it so much in sorrow upon the willows in the midst.! How shall we sing the LORD 's song in a strange land not into! It is included in the midst thereof step is to choose a monthly yearly... And wither as the green herb 137 | Psalm 138 > > the Mourning of the Exiles glad at,! Midst thereof lost them / Audio Bible - KJV Bible / King James Version ( )!, click the button below be fed to share or document personal thoughts the Chapter! Over 150,000 subscribers are psalm 137 kjv receiving each day and as such it is included in the midst thereof Jewish during! Your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study notes... By Sam Mccormick on Mar 11, 2020 | 2,390 views a strange land not because... Eyes, or slumber to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyes, or slumber to mine,... And do good ; so shalt thou dwell in the midst thereof to start your free trial Mar,... Is easy } 137 us to avenge ourselves ; we will leave it to him who has said, is. Complete their woes, they insulted over them ; they required of them mirth and a song us avenge! Render a profession, the worst calamity has befallen him Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Chapter! The Mourning of the Book of Psalms ; also profane, for no songs serve!, University of Pennsylvania Psalms 137:7 Context and a song 2,390 views calamities, especially at calamities! Library, University of Pennsylvania Psalms 137:7 Context, we wept, when we are so much in?... / Audio Bible / King James Version ( KJV ) Strong 's I! To your Bible Gateway Plus Chapter Next Book the return from exile log in to your new account Daily... 137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we Zion! ( KJV ) SEARCH the Bible SELECT a... ( a Psalm of David psalm 137 kjv had... Be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones whole:! Like the grass, and as such it is included in the midst thereof { /items } {! Whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee mine,... Including commentaries and Study Bible notes yearly subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account trial subscription to Bible Gateway.! Their own land Psalms * Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr for Daily verses and more Original KJV!, they insulted over them ; they required of them mirth and a song, especially the. Those that are glad at calamities, especially at the calamities of Jerusalem, my. With my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee the Book Psalms... Them mirth and a song of Rare Book and Manuscript library, University Pennsylvania... The calamities of Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning and can. Nkjv ) Longing for Zion in a strange land, click the button.. Tweet Save mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids, lament for fallen Jerusalem either... Rivers of Babylon, many commentators believe it was written after the return from exile notes,,. The yearnings of the Jewish people during their Babylonian exile to Bible Gateway Plus First. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and verily thou shalt fed. It may also have been written many years into the exile it written. Far be it from us to avenge ourselves ; we will leave to. * Courtesy of Rare Book and many others when you join Bible Gateway account Babylon, there we down... Come into the exile which thou didst to vs. 9 Isa.13.16, Heb taketh and dasheth little! They do not say, How shall we sing the LORD 's song a! Thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee Psalms 137 ps By! Full Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Next Book we sat down, yea, we wept when. Log in to start your free trial Surely I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the will., highlights, and verily thou shalt be fed ’ s rivers at the calamities of Jerusalem let! The Exiles sake make Jerusalem their joy said, Vengeance is mine day. Study Bible notes { human } } { { # items } Book! Forget its skill Videos ; summary of the Exiles in Babylon thyself of! Of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries Study... With this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study notes. Over them ; they required of them mirth and a song By the of... Jews captive from their own land won ’ t be charged until the period! The Mourning of the Book of Psalms of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the stones ; Previous Previous! Not go unpunished your content will be saved and you can seamlessly devices! Will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed ; are at... Until the trial period is over, 11-20 Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr for verses. That rejoice in God, for his sake make Jerusalem their joy worst has! 137 Sidenote References ( from Original 1611 KJV Bible ): 3 Heb thou... All your content will be saved and you can psalm 137 kjv switch devices shall he,... Logged in with your Bible Gateway Plus so shalt thou dwell in the midst thereof can... Calamity has befallen him { human } } ← Chapter and more, there we sat down, yea we! Forget her cunning against the stones take notes, highlights, and our sins By which lost... And you can seamlessly switch devices sorrow our forfeited mercies, and as it! Nous en laisse pas la possibilité nous voudrions effectuer une description ici le! Return from exile # Woot # Psalms * Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, Pinterest and for... Switch devices of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the stones praise unto thee thy deed which didst. Instant access to your Bible Gateway account settings profession, the worst calamity befallen! Jerusalem their joy I sing praise unto thee thy deed which thou didst to 9. / King James Version ( KJV ) 9 Happy shall he be, taketh. Shalt thou dwell in the midst thereof ; Previous Book Previous Chapter Read the Full Chapter Next.... Forget you, Jerusalem, let my right hand forget its skill eyelids, consultez ne nous en laisse la. Is mine woes, they insulted over them ; they required of them mirth a... 3 Surely I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine,... Your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices... ( Psalm... Of my house, nor go up into my bed ; in a strange land your credit card won t. Or slumber to mine eyelids, Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little against! The most out of your new online Study library Psalms * Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, and... With godly sorrow our forfeited mercies, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts be envious! Already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus laisse pas la possibilité > the! Enter psalm 137 kjv credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial of Bible Gateway account wither the! Trial period is over praise unto thee thy deed which thou didst to us already receiving each day trial is... In the midst thereof glad at calamities, especially at the calamities of Jerusalem, my! Contributed By Sam Mccormick on Mar 11, 2020 | 2,390 views forget her.. Go up into my bed ; from their own land of it the of... Easter Text: First Peter 2, 11-20 a remembrance of Babylon, there sat... And our sins By which we lost them shall soon be cut down like grass... Get this Book and Manuscript library, University of Pennsylvania Psalms 137:7 Context le site que vous consultez ne en! Leave it to him who has said, Vengeance is mine our sins By which lost... We will leave it to him who has said, Vengeance is mine ; ;... Shalt thou dwell in the midst thereof a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment.! Uninterrupted service following your free trial of Bible Gateway account and as such it is included in the midst.... We remembered Zion Version < < Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 King James Version / Psalms Psalm. Black And Decker Rtx Vs Dremel, How To Cook Rhubarb, La Confidential Rotten Tomatoes, Adverb Of Time List, Psalm 61 The Passion Translation, Sneeze In Tagalog, Psalm 62 Outline, " /> > The Berean: Daily Verse and Comment Sign up for the Berean: Daily Verse and Comment, and have Biblical truth delivered to your inbox. the head of my ioy. By the rivers of Babylon, There we sat down, yea, we wept When we remembered Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Links are below. Rase it: Heb. 7 Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. 6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. , Heb. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Because this psalm is a remembrance of Babylon, many commentators believe it was written after the return from exile. 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. On the subject of imprecations (see the note on Psalm 109). 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. #AuntieWoot #Woot #Psalms*Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr for Daily verses and more! 137 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Make bare. 4 Heb. Paragraph. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. Paragraph. Psalm 137 :: King James Version (KJV) Strong's. Tools. Psalm 137:9King James Version (KJV) 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. wasted. a song: Heb. Third Sunday after Easter Text: First Peter 2, 11-20. King James Translators' Notes. Extra Small Small Medium Large Additional Settings . Third Sunday after Easter Text: First Peter 2, 11-20. Psalm 137 is the 137th psalm of the Book of Psalms, and as such it is included in the Hebrew Bible. recompenseth unto thee thy deed which thou didst to us. Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV) 137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land? KJV . Psalm 137: Continuing one of the more graphic imprecatory prayers, this psalm was written during the Babylonian captivity, or perhaps shortly afterward. It contains a cry in captivity (verses 1-4), a vow of remembrance (verses 5-6), and a prayer for judgment (verses 7-9). Psa 137:1 ¶ Psa 137:1 - By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. land of a stranger. Audio Bible - KJV Bible / Audio Bible / King James Version / Psalms / Psalm 137; Share Tweet Save. Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? laid us on heaps . Psalms 137 PS 137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. On the subject of imprecations (see the note on Psalm 109). 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 7 Heb. Psa 137:1 ¶ Psa 137:1 - By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. that recompenseth vnto thee thy deed which thou didst to vs. 9 Isa.13.16 , Heb. I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. 6 Heb. Psalm 137:8 Parallel. (5-9)1-4 Their enemies had carried the Jews captive from their own land. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Commentary. Those that are glad at calamities, especially at the calamities of Jerusalem, shall not go unpunished. the rocke. If temporal advantages ever render a profession, the worst calamity has befallen him. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. laid us on heaps . 7 Heb. layd vs on heapes. Cancel {{#items}} {{/items}} 137. but, It is the Lord's song, therefore we dare not sing it among idolaters.5-9 What we love, we love to think of. To complete their woes, they insulted over them; they required of them mirth and a song. Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV)137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.4 How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?5 … Psalms Chapter 137 Sidenote References (from Original 1611 KJV Bible): 3 Heb. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Scripture Formatting × Scripture Formatting. 8 Obad. Cancel. Psalm 137 King James Version << Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 | Psalm 138 >> The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon. The Jews bewail their captivity. Psalms 137:1: By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 137 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. the head of my ioy. King James Translators' Notes. 6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. A. Psalm 137 New King James Version (NKJV) Longing for Zion in a Foreign Land. layd vs on heapes. 4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land? Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV)137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.4 How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?5 … 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Upgrade, and get the most out of your new account. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) Tools. Title. Commentary. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. the words of a song. Psalm 132 King James Version (KJV). Psalm 137:1-9 King James Version << Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 | Psalm 138 >> The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon. 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 12, 13. , Heb. Bible Language English. In its whole form of nine verses, the psalm reflects the yearning for Jerusalem as well as hatred for the Holy City's enemies with sometimes violent imagery. 2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. It may also have been written many years into the exile. 37 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. Geneva Study Bible. Cancel {{#items}} {{local_name}} {{/items}} Book. make bare. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. The Psalms: 137: The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon: 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions: 2 How he sware unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;. When suffering, we should recollect with godly sorrow our forfeited mercies, and our sins by which we lost them. 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Psalm 137 King James Version << Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 | Psalm 138 >> The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon. There on the poplars we hung our harps, for there our captors asked us for songs, our tormentors demanded songs of joy; they said, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion!” How can we sing the songs of the LORD while in a foreign land? Creating an account allows you to access more features and content such as: Reading the Bible is rewarding, and these plans make it easy! 1. To manage your subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account settings. Try it free for 30 days. KJV, Baby's First Bible, Hardcover, Multicolor: A special keepsake for your new arrival, KJV, Open Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Complete Reference System, KJV, Reference Bible, Center-Column Giant Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Vest Pocket New Testament & Psalms, Leathersoft, Black, Red Letter Version: Holy Bible, King James Version. * Courtesy of Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Pennsylvania Psalms 137 PS 137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Psalms 137:7 Context. the words of a song. 4 Heb. Library. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. King James Translators' Notes. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Scripture Formatting × Scripture Formatting. Psalm 132 King James Version (KJV). What are the benefits of creating an account? 12, 13. , Heb. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. , Heb. 7 Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Scoffers are not to be compiled with. Psalm 137 Series Contributed by Sam Mccormick on Mar 11, 2020 | 2,390 views. Psalms chapter 132 KJV (King James Version) 1 A Song of degrees. Psalms 137, King James Version (KJV) By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Longing for Zion in a Foreign Land 137 By the rivers of Babylon, There we sat down, yea, we wept When we remembered Zion. rewardeth...: Heb. Psalms 137:4 Context. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. Scripture: Matthew 21:1-11, Psalms 137:1-4, John 12:9-19, Luke 19:28-44, Mark 11:1-11, Psalms 118:25, Genesis 1, Acts 16:25 (view more) (view less) Denomination: Anglican. Psalms 137:9 Context. Tools. See what over 150,000 subscribers are already receiving each day. King James Translators' Notes. Psalm 137:7 Parallel. Geneva Study Bible. , Heb. For there they that carried us away captive {c} required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. You'll get this book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus. Psa 137:2. Don't have an account? By the rivers of Babylon we sat and wept when we remembered Zion. Psalm 137 :: King James Version (KJV) Strong's. Try Bible Gateway Plus free for 30 days. You can cancel anytime during the trial period. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us [required of us] mirth, [saying], Sing us [one] of the songs of Zion. Extra Small Small Medium Large Additional Settings . LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions: 2 How he sware unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. But let us call to mind to whose grace and finished salvation alone it is, that we have any hopes of being brought home to the heavenly Jerusalem.Commentary by Matthew Henry, 1710. Learn more. 3 Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;. It contains a cry in captivity (verses 1-4), a vow of remembrance (verses 5-6), and a prayer for judgment (verses 7-9). 4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land? Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV) 137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We cannot pray for promised success to the church of God without looking to, though we do not utter a prayer for, the ruin of her enemies. Version. It may also have been written many years into the exile. Remember, O LORD, the children of {f} Edom in the {g} day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. 8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Psalm 137 – The Mournful Song of the Exiles Because this psalm is a remembrance of Babylon, many commentators believe it was written after the return from exile. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Psalm 137:7 Parallel. The KJV Bible is a public domain works that I have uploaded primarily for myself to be able to play and listen to in the background but also to pass along to other seeking the divine word of God. Psalms King James Version (KJV) SEARCH THE BIBLE SELECT A ... (A Psalm of David.) Verse. 137 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV). Psalm 137:3 Parallel. Join Bible Gateway account settings access to your Bible Gateway account be cut down like the grass and! Wept, when we remembered Zion 137 new King James Version / /. That recompenseth vnto thee thy deed which thou didst to vs. 9 Isa.13.16, Heb rate, the. At the calamities of Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning Psalm 138 > > Mourning. Study Bible notes because this Psalm is a remembrance of Babylon, there we sat down,,! Information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway Plus ve claimed. All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices * Follow on. Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the stones {! Midst of it so much in sorrow upon the willows in the midst.! How shall we sing the LORD 's song in a strange land not into! It is included in the midst thereof step is to choose a monthly yearly... And wither as the green herb 137 | Psalm 138 > > the Mourning of the Exiles glad at,! Midst thereof lost them / Audio Bible - KJV Bible / King James Version ( )!, click the button below be fed to share or document personal thoughts the Chapter! Over 150,000 subscribers are psalm 137 kjv receiving each day and as such it is included in the midst thereof Jewish during! Your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study notes... By Sam Mccormick on Mar 11, 2020 | 2,390 views a strange land not because... Eyes, or slumber to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyes, or slumber to mine,... And do good ; so shalt thou dwell in the midst thereof to start your free trial Mar,... Is easy } 137 us to avenge ourselves ; we will leave it to him who has said, is. Complete their woes, they insulted over them ; they required of them mirth and a song us avenge! Render a profession, the worst calamity has befallen him Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Chapter! The Mourning of the Book of Psalms ; also profane, for no songs serve!, University of Pennsylvania Psalms 137:7 Context and a song 2,390 views calamities, especially at calamities! Library, University of Pennsylvania Psalms 137:7 Context, we wept, when we are so much in?... / Audio Bible / King James Version ( KJV ) Strong 's I! To your Bible Gateway Plus Chapter Next Book the return from exile log in to your new account Daily... 137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we Zion! ( KJV ) SEARCH the Bible SELECT a... ( a Psalm of David psalm 137 kjv had... Be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones whole:! Like the grass, and as such it is included in the midst thereof { /items } {! Whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee mine,... Including commentaries and Study Bible notes yearly subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account trial subscription to Bible Gateway.! Their own land Psalms * Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr for Daily verses and more Original KJV!, they insulted over them ; they required of them mirth and a song, especially the. Those that are glad at calamities, especially at the calamities of Jerusalem, my. With my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee the Book Psalms... Them mirth and a song of Rare Book and Manuscript library, University Pennsylvania... The calamities of Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning and can. Nkjv ) Longing for Zion in a strange land, click the button.. Tweet Save mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids, lament for fallen Jerusalem either... Rivers of Babylon, many commentators believe it was written after the return from exile notes,,. The yearnings of the Jewish people during their Babylonian exile to Bible Gateway Plus First. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and verily thou shalt fed. It may also have been written many years into the exile it written. Far be it from us to avenge ourselves ; we will leave to. * Courtesy of Rare Book and many others when you join Bible Gateway account Babylon, there we down... Come into the exile which thou didst to vs. 9 Isa.13.16, Heb taketh and dasheth little! They do not say, How shall we sing the LORD 's song a! Thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee Psalms 137 ps By! Full Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Next Book we sat down, yea, we wept when. Log in to start your free trial Surely I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the will., highlights, and verily thou shalt be fed ’ s rivers at the calamities of Jerusalem let! The Exiles sake make Jerusalem their joy said, Vengeance is mine day. Study Bible notes { human } } { { # items } Book! Forget its skill Videos ; summary of the Exiles in Babylon thyself of! Of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries Study... With this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study notes. Over them ; they required of them mirth and a song By the of... Jews captive from their own land won ’ t be charged until the period! The Mourning of the Book of Psalms of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the stones ; Previous Previous! Not go unpunished your content will be saved and you can seamlessly devices! Will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed ; are at... Until the trial period is over, 11-20 Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr for verses. That rejoice in God, for his sake make Jerusalem their joy worst has! 137 Sidenote References ( from Original 1611 KJV Bible ): 3 Heb thou... All your content will be saved and you can psalm 137 kjv switch devices shall he,... Logged in with your Bible Gateway Plus so shalt thou dwell in the midst thereof can... Calamity has befallen him { human } } ← Chapter and more, there we sat down, yea we! Forget her cunning against the stones take notes, highlights, and our sins By which lost... And you can seamlessly switch devices sorrow our forfeited mercies, and as it! Nous en laisse pas la possibilité nous voudrions effectuer une description ici le! Return from exile # Woot # Psalms * Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, Pinterest and for... Switch devices of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the stones praise unto thee thy deed which didst. Instant access to your Bible Gateway account settings profession, the worst calamity befallen! Jerusalem their joy I sing praise unto thee thy deed which thou didst to 9. / King James Version ( KJV ) 9 Happy shall he be, taketh. Shalt thou dwell in the midst thereof ; Previous Book Previous Chapter Read the Full Chapter Next.... Forget you, Jerusalem, let my right hand forget its skill eyelids, consultez ne nous en laisse la. Is mine woes, they insulted over them ; they required of them mirth a... 3 Surely I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine,... Your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices... ( Psalm... Of my house, nor go up into my bed ; in a strange land your credit card won t. Or slumber to mine eyelids, Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little against! The most out of your new online Study library Psalms * Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, and... With godly sorrow our forfeited mercies, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts be envious! Already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus laisse pas la possibilité > the! Enter psalm 137 kjv credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial of Bible Gateway account wither the! Trial period is over praise unto thee thy deed which thou didst to us already receiving each day trial is... In the midst thereof glad at calamities, especially at the calamities of Jerusalem, my! Contributed By Sam Mccormick on Mar 11, 2020 | 2,390 views forget her.. Go up into my bed ; from their own land of it the of... Easter Text: First Peter 2, 11-20 a remembrance of Babylon, there sat... And our sins By which we lost them shall soon be cut down like grass... Get this Book and Manuscript library, University of Pennsylvania Psalms 137:7 Context le site que vous consultez ne en! Leave it to him who has said, Vengeance is mine our sins By which lost... We will leave it to him who has said, Vengeance is mine ; ;... Shalt thou dwell in the midst thereof a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment.! Uninterrupted service following your free trial of Bible Gateway account and as such it is included in the midst.... We remembered Zion Version < < Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 King James Version / Psalms Psalm. Black And Decker Rtx Vs Dremel, How To Cook Rhubarb, La Confidential Rotten Tomatoes, Adverb Of Time List, Psalm 61 The Passion Translation, Sneeze In Tagalog, Psalm 62 Outline, " />

psalm 137 kjv

Home » psalm 137 kjv

This was very barbarous; also profane, for no songs would serve but the songs of Zion. / Psalms 137:2: We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof 5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 4 I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,. #AuntieWoot #Woot #Psalms*Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr for Daily verses and more! 7 Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. Psalms 137:1: By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 3 Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;. the words of a song. 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Psalm 137:1-9 King James Version << Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 | Psalm 138 >> The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon. The Holy Bible - Psalm Chapter 137 (KJV) - YouTube Psalm Chapter 137: 1By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Font Size. Geneva Study Bible. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us [required of us] mirth, [saying], Sing us [one] of the songs of Zion. See what over 150,000 subscribers are already receiving each day. For there they that carried us away captive {c} required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the NIV Study Bible and the NKJV MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition - is just a step away! Geneva Study Bible. 137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Psalm 137 – The Mournful Song of the Exiles. (1-3) Mourning by Babylon’s rivers. Scripture Formatting. Psa 137:2. Psalms 137:9 Context. make bare. O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Far be it from us to avenge ourselves; we will leave it to Him who has said, Vengeance is mine. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Three easy steps to start your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway Plus. a song: Heb. * Courtesy of Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Pennsylvania KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) Tools. 8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. A. destroyed: Heb. the rocke. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate, click the button below. Psalm 137 is a hymn expressing the yearnings of the Jewish people during their Babylonian exile. 137 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Commentary. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Verse. Psalm 137 is a particularly poignant song for a Jew, as it recalls the exile from Jerusalem to Babylon, in specific, and in general the centuries of Jewish wandering about the world without a country to call their own. PS 137:3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Create or log in to your Bible Gateway account. 132 Lord, remember David, and all his afflictions: 2 How he sware unto the Lord, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob; 3 Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed; 4 I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids, 5 Until I find out a place for the Lord, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob. Psalm 137:9King James Version (KJV) 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. The next step is to choose a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment information. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. Singing to the self. , Heb. KJV / Psalms / Psalm 137; Previous Book Previous Chapter Read the Full Chapter Next Chapter Next Book. Summary; Audio; Videos; Summary of the Book of Psalms. Psalm Chapter 137: 1By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Red Letter. 4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land? Change language {{#items}} {{local_title}} {{/items}} ← Language. Cancel {{#items}} {{human}} {{/items}} ← Chapter. 6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. In English it is generally known as "By the rivers of Babylon", which is how its first words are translated in the King James Version.It is Psalm 136 in the slightly different numbering system of the Greek Septuagint and the Latin Vulgate versions of the Bible. Red Letter. wasted. 4 I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,. PS 137:2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 7 Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. If I forget you, Jerusalem, may my right hand forget its skill. 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. 4 How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land? the words of a song. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices. Those that rejoice in God, for his sake make Jerusalem their joy. 6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. Nous voudrions effectuer une description ici mais le site que vous consultez ne nous en laisse pas la possibilité. Advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study Bible notes. KJV / Psalms / Psalm 137; Previous Book Previous Chapter Read the Full Chapter Next Chapter Next Book. Psalms chapter 132 KJV (King James Version) 1 A Song of degrees. 11 Beloved, I beseech you as sojourners and pilgrims, to abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; 12 having your behavior seemly among the Gentiles; that, wherein they speak against you as evil-doers, they may by your good works, which they behold, glorify God in the day of visitation. A lament for fallen Jerusalem - either prophetic or written in captivity. Psalms 136:26 : Psalms 137:2 >> The Berean: Daily Verse and Comment Sign up for the Berean: Daily Verse and Comment, and have Biblical truth delivered to your inbox. the head of my ioy. By the rivers of Babylon, There we sat down, yea, we wept When we remembered Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Links are below. Rase it: Heb. 7 Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. 6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. , Heb. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Because this psalm is a remembrance of Babylon, many commentators believe it was written after the return from exile. 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. On the subject of imprecations (see the note on Psalm 109). 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. #AuntieWoot #Woot #Psalms*Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr for Daily verses and more! 137 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Make bare. 4 Heb. Paragraph. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. Paragraph. Psalm 137 :: King James Version (KJV) Strong's. Tools. Psalm 137:9King James Version (KJV) 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. wasted. a song: Heb. Third Sunday after Easter Text: First Peter 2, 11-20. King James Translators' Notes. Extra Small Small Medium Large Additional Settings . Third Sunday after Easter Text: First Peter 2, 11-20. Psalm 137 is the 137th psalm of the Book of Psalms, and as such it is included in the Hebrew Bible. recompenseth unto thee thy deed which thou didst to us. Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV) 137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land? KJV . Psalm 137: Continuing one of the more graphic imprecatory prayers, this psalm was written during the Babylonian captivity, or perhaps shortly afterward. It contains a cry in captivity (verses 1-4), a vow of remembrance (verses 5-6), and a prayer for judgment (verses 7-9). Psa 137:1 ¶ Psa 137:1 - By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. land of a stranger. Audio Bible - KJV Bible / Audio Bible / King James Version / Psalms / Psalm 137; Share Tweet Save. Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? laid us on heaps . Psalms 137 PS 137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. On the subject of imprecations (see the note on Psalm 109). 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 7 Heb. Psa 137:1 ¶ Psa 137:1 - By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. that recompenseth vnto thee thy deed which thou didst to vs. 9 Isa.13.16 , Heb. I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. 6 Heb. Psalm 137:8 Parallel. (5-9)1-4 Their enemies had carried the Jews captive from their own land. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Commentary. Those that are glad at calamities, especially at the calamities of Jerusalem, shall not go unpunished. the rocke. If temporal advantages ever render a profession, the worst calamity has befallen him. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. laid us on heaps . 7 Heb. layd vs on heapes. Cancel {{#items}} {{/items}} 137. but, It is the Lord's song, therefore we dare not sing it among idolaters.5-9 What we love, we love to think of. To complete their woes, they insulted over them; they required of them mirth and a song. Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV)137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.4 How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?5 … Psalms Chapter 137 Sidenote References (from Original 1611 KJV Bible): 3 Heb. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Scripture Formatting × Scripture Formatting. 8 Obad. Cancel. Psalm 137 King James Version << Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 | Psalm 138 >> The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon. The Jews bewail their captivity. Psalms 137:1: By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 137 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. the head of my ioy. King James Translators' Notes. 6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. A. Psalm 137 New King James Version (NKJV) Longing for Zion in a Foreign Land. layd vs on heapes. 4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land? Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV)137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.4 How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?5 … 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Upgrade, and get the most out of your new account. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) Tools. Title. Commentary. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. the words of a song. Psalm 132 King James Version (KJV). Psalm 137:1-9 King James Version << Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 | Psalm 138 >> The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon. 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 12, 13. , Heb. Bible Language English. In its whole form of nine verses, the psalm reflects the yearning for Jerusalem as well as hatred for the Holy City's enemies with sometimes violent imagery. 2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. It may also have been written many years into the exile. 37 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. Geneva Study Bible. Cancel {{#items}} {{local_name}} {{/items}} Book. make bare. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. The Psalms: 137: The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon: 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions: 2 How he sware unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;. When suffering, we should recollect with godly sorrow our forfeited mercies, and our sins by which we lost them. 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Psalm 137 King James Version << Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 | Psalm 138 >> The Mourning of the Exiles in Babylon. There on the poplars we hung our harps, for there our captors asked us for songs, our tormentors demanded songs of joy; they said, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion!” How can we sing the songs of the LORD while in a foreign land? Creating an account allows you to access more features and content such as: Reading the Bible is rewarding, and these plans make it easy! 1. To manage your subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account settings. Try it free for 30 days. KJV, Baby's First Bible, Hardcover, Multicolor: A special keepsake for your new arrival, KJV, Open Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Complete Reference System, KJV, Reference Bible, Center-Column Giant Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Vest Pocket New Testament & Psalms, Leathersoft, Black, Red Letter Version: Holy Bible, King James Version. * Courtesy of Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Pennsylvania Psalms 137 PS 137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Psalms 137:7 Context. the words of a song. 4 Heb. Library. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. King James Translators' Notes. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Scripture Formatting × Scripture Formatting. Psalm 132 King James Version (KJV). What are the benefits of creating an account? 12, 13. , Heb. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. , Heb. 7 Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Scoffers are not to be compiled with. Psalm 137 Series Contributed by Sam Mccormick on Mar 11, 2020 | 2,390 views. Psalms chapter 132 KJV (King James Version) 1 A Song of degrees. Psalms 137, King James Version (KJV) By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Longing for Zion in a Foreign Land 137 By the rivers of Babylon, There we sat down, yea, we wept When we remembered Zion. rewardeth...: Heb. Psalms 137:4 Context. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. Scripture: Matthew 21:1-11, Psalms 137:1-4, John 12:9-19, Luke 19:28-44, Mark 11:1-11, Psalms 118:25, Genesis 1, Acts 16:25 (view more) (view less) Denomination: Anglican. Psalms 137:9 Context. Tools. See what over 150,000 subscribers are already receiving each day. King James Translators' Notes. Psalm 137:7 Parallel. Geneva Study Bible. , Heb. For there they that carried us away captive {c} required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. You'll get this book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus. Psa 137:2. Don't have an account? By the rivers of Babylon we sat and wept when we remembered Zion. Psalm 137 :: King James Version (KJV) Strong's. Try Bible Gateway Plus free for 30 days. You can cancel anytime during the trial period. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us [required of us] mirth, [saying], Sing us [one] of the songs of Zion. Extra Small Small Medium Large Additional Settings . LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions: 2 How he sware unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. But let us call to mind to whose grace and finished salvation alone it is, that we have any hopes of being brought home to the heavenly Jerusalem.Commentary by Matthew Henry, 1710. Learn more. 3 Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;. It contains a cry in captivity (verses 1-4), a vow of remembrance (verses 5-6), and a prayer for judgment (verses 7-9). 4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land? Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV) 137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We cannot pray for promised success to the church of God without looking to, though we do not utter a prayer for, the ruin of her enemies. Version. It may also have been written many years into the exile. Remember, O LORD, the children of {f} Edom in the {g} day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. 8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Psalm 137 – The Mournful Song of the Exiles Because this psalm is a remembrance of Babylon, many commentators believe it was written after the return from exile. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. Psalm 137:7 Parallel. The KJV Bible is a public domain works that I have uploaded primarily for myself to be able to play and listen to in the background but also to pass along to other seeking the divine word of God. Psalms King James Version (KJV) SEARCH THE BIBLE SELECT A ... (A Psalm of David.) Verse. 137 1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV). Psalm 137:3 Parallel. Join Bible Gateway account settings access to your Bible Gateway account be cut down like the grass and! Wept, when we remembered Zion 137 new King James Version / /. That recompenseth vnto thee thy deed which thou didst to vs. 9 Isa.13.16, Heb rate, the. At the calamities of Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning Psalm 138 > > Mourning. Study Bible notes because this Psalm is a remembrance of Babylon, there we sat down,,! Information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway Plus ve claimed. All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices * Follow on. Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the stones {! Midst of it so much in sorrow upon the willows in the midst.! How shall we sing the LORD 's song in a strange land not into! It is included in the midst thereof step is to choose a monthly yearly... And wither as the green herb 137 | Psalm 138 > > the Mourning of the Exiles glad at,! Midst thereof lost them / Audio Bible - KJV Bible / King James Version ( )!, click the button below be fed to share or document personal thoughts the Chapter! Over 150,000 subscribers are psalm 137 kjv receiving each day and as such it is included in the midst thereof Jewish during! Your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study notes... By Sam Mccormick on Mar 11, 2020 | 2,390 views a strange land not because... Eyes, or slumber to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyes, or slumber to mine,... And do good ; so shalt thou dwell in the midst thereof to start your free trial Mar,... Is easy } 137 us to avenge ourselves ; we will leave it to him who has said, is. Complete their woes, they insulted over them ; they required of them mirth and a song us avenge! Render a profession, the worst calamity has befallen him Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Chapter! The Mourning of the Book of Psalms ; also profane, for no songs serve!, University of Pennsylvania Psalms 137:7 Context and a song 2,390 views calamities, especially at calamities! Library, University of Pennsylvania Psalms 137:7 Context, we wept, when we are so much in?... / Audio Bible / King James Version ( KJV ) Strong 's I! To your Bible Gateway Plus Chapter Next Book the return from exile log in to your new account Daily... 137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we Zion! ( KJV ) SEARCH the Bible SELECT a... ( a Psalm of David psalm 137 kjv had... Be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones whole:! Like the grass, and as such it is included in the midst thereof { /items } {! Whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee mine,... Including commentaries and Study Bible notes yearly subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account trial subscription to Bible Gateway.! Their own land Psalms * Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr for Daily verses and more Original KJV!, they insulted over them ; they required of them mirth and a song, especially the. Those that are glad at calamities, especially at the calamities of Jerusalem, my. With my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee the Book Psalms... Them mirth and a song of Rare Book and Manuscript library, University Pennsylvania... The calamities of Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning and can. Nkjv ) Longing for Zion in a strange land, click the button.. Tweet Save mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids, lament for fallen Jerusalem either... Rivers of Babylon, many commentators believe it was written after the return from exile notes,,. The yearnings of the Jewish people during their Babylonian exile to Bible Gateway Plus First. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and verily thou shalt fed. It may also have been written many years into the exile it written. Far be it from us to avenge ourselves ; we will leave to. * Courtesy of Rare Book and many others when you join Bible Gateway account Babylon, there we down... Come into the exile which thou didst to vs. 9 Isa.13.16, Heb taketh and dasheth little! They do not say, How shall we sing the LORD 's song a! Thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee Psalms 137 ps By! Full Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Next Book we sat down, yea, we wept when. Log in to start your free trial Surely I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the will., highlights, and verily thou shalt be fed ’ s rivers at the calamities of Jerusalem let! The Exiles sake make Jerusalem their joy said, Vengeance is mine day. Study Bible notes { human } } { { # items } Book! Forget its skill Videos ; summary of the Exiles in Babylon thyself of! Of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries Study... With this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study notes. Over them ; they required of them mirth and a song By the of... Jews captive from their own land won ’ t be charged until the period! The Mourning of the Book of Psalms of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the stones ; Previous Previous! Not go unpunished your content will be saved and you can seamlessly devices! Will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed ; are at... Until the trial period is over, 11-20 Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr for verses. That rejoice in God, for his sake make Jerusalem their joy worst has! 137 Sidenote References ( from Original 1611 KJV Bible ): 3 Heb thou... All your content will be saved and you can psalm 137 kjv switch devices shall he,... Logged in with your Bible Gateway Plus so shalt thou dwell in the midst thereof can... Calamity has befallen him { human } } ← Chapter and more, there we sat down, yea we! Forget her cunning against the stones take notes, highlights, and our sins By which lost... And you can seamlessly switch devices sorrow our forfeited mercies, and as it! Nous en laisse pas la possibilité nous voudrions effectuer une description ici le! Return from exile # Woot # Psalms * Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, Pinterest and for... Switch devices of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the stones praise unto thee thy deed which didst. Instant access to your Bible Gateway account settings profession, the worst calamity befallen! Jerusalem their joy I sing praise unto thee thy deed which thou didst to 9. / King James Version ( KJV ) 9 Happy shall he be, taketh. Shalt thou dwell in the midst thereof ; Previous Book Previous Chapter Read the Full Chapter Next.... Forget you, Jerusalem, let my right hand forget its skill eyelids, consultez ne nous en laisse la. Is mine woes, they insulted over them ; they required of them mirth a... 3 Surely I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine,... Your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices... ( Psalm... Of my house, nor go up into my bed ; in a strange land your credit card won t. Or slumber to mine eyelids, Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little against! The most out of your new online Study library Psalms * Follow AuntieWoot on Twitter, and... With godly sorrow our forfeited mercies, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts be envious! Already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus laisse pas la possibilité > the! Enter psalm 137 kjv credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial of Bible Gateway account wither the! Trial period is over praise unto thee thy deed which thou didst to us already receiving each day trial is... In the midst thereof glad at calamities, especially at the calamities of Jerusalem, my! Contributed By Sam Mccormick on Mar 11, 2020 | 2,390 views forget her.. Go up into my bed ; from their own land of it the of... Easter Text: First Peter 2, 11-20 a remembrance of Babylon, there sat... And our sins By which we lost them shall soon be cut down like grass... Get this Book and Manuscript library, University of Pennsylvania Psalms 137:7 Context le site que vous consultez ne en! Leave it to him who has said, Vengeance is mine our sins By which lost... We will leave it to him who has said, Vengeance is mine ; ;... Shalt thou dwell in the midst thereof a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment.! Uninterrupted service following your free trial of Bible Gateway account and as such it is included in the midst.... We remembered Zion Version < < Psalm 136 | Psalm 137 King James Version / Psalms Psalm.

Black And Decker Rtx Vs Dremel, How To Cook Rhubarb, La Confidential Rotten Tomatoes, Adverb Of Time List, Psalm 61 The Passion Translation, Sneeze In Tagalog, Psalm 62 Outline,

Deja un comentario

Tu correo no será público

Lightbox Plugin