Ginyu Force Hidden Potential Orbs Needed, 3-ingredient Pumpkin Mousse, Westerly Ri Vacation Rentals, Kalakand Price In Haldiram, Current Time In Boca Chica Brownsville Tx, Chocolate Explosion Cake Save-on-foods, " /> Ginyu Force Hidden Potential Orbs Needed, 3-ingredient Pumpkin Mousse, Westerly Ri Vacation Rentals, Kalakand Price In Haldiram, Current Time In Boca Chica Brownsville Tx, Chocolate Explosion Cake Save-on-foods, " />

ordnance corps reddit

Home » ordnance corps reddit

The Army Ordnance Corps Recruitment 2019 inviting 920 Civilian Posts All Over India. I fell into the ordnance corps myself and was very proud to be a part of it. Each BOLC class is given a slot number, IIRC its 8 slots per cycle (a cycle usually has two classes of 25-30 Ordnance LTs each give or take). But, depending on your scores, you may need an adso. Again welcome to the ordnance corps. In Distro platoons, it's really common for property to be messed up, for some reason. Learn and understand AR 750-1 and DA PAM 750-8. Then proceeds to leave the thread without answering any of the questions. It's critical that you rely on your Chief and Staff NCOs in these jobs to take care of you and teach you a lot as quick as possible. US Army Ordnance Corps Fort Lee, Virginia Approaches for Maintenance Leadership of the Future “Trains Ordnance Soldiers and leaders in technical skills, values, common tasks, and the Warrior Ethos. "With that … It will help you in the long run if you get to know the types of jobs your troops do. PURPOSE: Ordnance is a military term for all types of ammunition and weapons, such as missiles, guns, and chemical munitions. Try out for EOD school. Duties include the inspection, repair, and maintenance of most weapon systems possessed by marine corps units. Army Logistics University Ordnance Basic Officer Leadership Course, Fort Lee, Virginia. Just commissioned out of ROTC, was a late commission. You should also find the BDE Ammo tech (a warrant) and pick his/her brain. It looks pretty bad when the BN can't have food because you didn't bring your tow bars. The Ordnance branch continued under the direction of the Army’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics. You won't be stuck in garrison once you join an EOD unit, that's for sure. Staff is good for learning the inner workings of the battalion but most people hate it, as you have almost no Soldiers and as a 2LT you are at the bottom of the totem pole. Share on Reddit; Share on LinkedIn; Share via Email; FORT LEE, Va. - "Great job, number 14. Your unit will almost certainly try to convince you that "Maintenance sucks and all of our stuff is broken." Just commissioned out of ROTC, was a late commission. Distro is all about networking; you want to become a reliable and competent leader that people won't screw over on a whim (they will do this when you first arrive). I have always been interested about EOD (89E), but I have no good sense of where to begin and the Army website only provides so much information. My platoon is MTOEd 55. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I may be a little biased though. I think they have more slots than that per class, and you should try out and give it a shot. It's more difficult than it sounds because trucks are always breaking and maintenance is unpredictable. What can I expect to be doing for my first few years as an Ordnance officer? This can be frustrating when competing for OERs. If you have a bad chief or motor sergeant, the stress is compounded. Per congressional direction from 1794, each armory staffed a civilian superintendant and a master armorer. He said ranger reg is hurting for loggies. I had lt's who were totally clueless as to what my job was until i showed them. Christmas Deadline Notification: * The USPS is experiencing major delays in timeliness of deliveries. There is a huge diversity in jobs that only increases with rank, and there is an incredible amount of planning and problem-solving. Generally speaking, you will most likely end up in a BCT or Sustainment Brigade. And this info is dated, but we did not have close to that many officers. Hood thing. As an Ordnance Officer, you’ll make sure that weapons systems, vehicles, and equipment are ready and available, and in perfect condition at all times. welcome to the corps sir I hope you find your stay enjoyable. "The U.S. Army Ordnance Crucible Team of … Get the most popular abbreviation for Ordnance Corps updated in 2020 I've had a diverse portfolio across multiple echelons as a loggie officer and can give genuine and honest feedback for those who are seeking information. Favorite Add to More colors US Army Ordnance Branch Decal SOSgifts. Back though! Events . PSG can feed the personnel part for the most part but have to be able to know the status of all my trucks at anytime. 2 ways to abbreviate Ordnance Corps. Still excited though. This is a tough job with long hours and high visibility; you brief the BDE XO as a brand new butterbar at least once a week. When you work hard and do a good job, you are an invaluable asset to your unit--whether at the Corps or Battalion level. You’ll also manage the developing, testing, fielding, handling, storage, and disposal of munitions. In the supply area it had responsibility for weapons, armoured vehicles and other military equipment, ammunition and clothing and certain minor functions such as laundry, mobile baths and photography. I scored in the top third of the active duty OML (top third of all cadets) and got OD as my branch, even though it was my 4th choice on my list. On the flip side, I haven't met many mulch-dysfunctional logisticians who liked what they were doing. I have no Ordnance Cadre who can give me personal experience information. 5 out of 5 stars (788) 788 reviews $ 2.00. Branched Ordnance. Two years later the Ordnance Corps terminated the contract and transferred the project to the Historical Branch, Office of the Chief of Ordnance. Wasn't a challenge branching Ordnance. Gratz on the Commission, do good things. It's nice. I got less than a year left, so ask me if I give a shit if I'm doxxed. In the summer of 1962 when the Office, Chief of Ordnance was abolished, the Office, Chief of Military History took over project and author. You could go to the SPO shop as an ammo guy as well. Press J to jump to the feed. The United States Army Ordnance Corps, formerly the United States Army Ordnance Department, is a sustainment branch of the United States Army, headquartered at Fort Lee, Virginia.The broad mission of the Ordnance Corps is to supply Army combat units with weapons and ammunition, including at times their procurement and maintenance. I scored in the top third of the active duty OML (top third of all cadets) and got OD as my branch, even though it was my 4th choice on my list. Two of my fellow QM officers have gone to Ranger School. These two armories served as a nucleus for technological innov… By LTG Mitchell H. Stevenson February 11, 2009. GRAFENWOEHR, Germany -- The ordnance corps regimental command sergeant major visited Grafenwoehr Training Area, Jan. 14, 2016. Also are the 120 man PLT rumors true. Thanks for the answers! Under the previous edition of Department of the Army (DA) Pamphlet 600–3, Commissioned Officer Development and Career Management, senior Ordnance Corps lieutenants assume the position of shop officer after 12 months of experience as maintenance platoon leaders. From shop DigitalByRLC. No one expects you to be a badass because they know you aren't--takes the pressure off. A 45b bro! I never met an EOD officer who didn't like being an EOD officer. Ammunition and weapons are hazardous materials that require special handling to ensure their reliability and safety. Maybe 40-ish. Command Sgt. Could you give a brief description of the day-to-day of a transpo Officer? As for the Ord, is that the kind of thing you wanted to do? Get to know BN Land & Ammo--they will usually be non-loggies in an operations role, so they may or may not know anything. Nurse Corps checking in. The Corps of Royal Military Surveyors and Draftsmen was a military corps under the Board of Ordnance, formally established in 1800 and disbanded in 1817. Please do one thing though for yourself and your troops under you. Advice for Ordnance 2nd Lt. upon BOLC graduation. I am putting in my final Branch Preferences later in September. 21 votes, 140 comments. Put it as my #1 due to me wanting EOD. It depends on your job. I have not heard of a 120 man PLT. How to abbreviate Ordnance Corps? This was the case for me in 3 different BNs. No major regrets, but I can think of some not-so-fun LT times. I'm a cadet at West Point and was hoping you could do your … I scored higher than some buddies of mine that got FA, so it was needs of the army i guess, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. This encourages sloppy accountability at the company level and leads to hitting the no-no list for your Division every month. Well, I saw /u/Kinmuan put his ass out on the line (reddit karma excluded) by making some strong and absolutely warranted statements regarding SMA's comments on the whole Ft. The security accreditation level of this site is UNCLASSIFIED and below. Have to track a lot equipment and personnel. It wasn't the thing I had my heart on, but it was in my top five choices, FA, Armor, Engineer in that order. But you can still go to airbone/air assault etc. You will pay during field exercises. I enjoy being a well paid employee and not stuck in meetings all day. -In my experience, loggie LTs are expected to have a higher lever of subject matter expertise than their maneuver counterparts. Quartermaster Corps Quartermaster officers oversee availability and function of materials and systems from food, water and petroleum to parachute maintenance and general equipment repair. I feel as a jr. nco ( i was a corporal) if you do those things you will be just fine. At first, the XOs 100% will try to screw you over and get you to mass-sign and account for ammo yourself. Other than that I get tasked out for other things that are not specific to transporters like investigations and other stuff. Army Ordnance Corps inviting online Applications through official website from eligible candidates. It has changed most of my career plans and I don't really have any resources to tap into in regards to personal experience. Cookies help us deliver our Services. 2LT just found out I branched Ordnance Corps, and good advice? When I was a Cadet (only 3 years ago), I remember having a hard time getting troll-free information and input into life in the logistics officer world (getting loggie advice on r/army was a disaster back then). The Soldiers are counting on you to be a proficient and stubborn logistician. Army logistics is challenging and rewarding. Army Materiel Command assumed responsibility for many of the Ordnance Corps historical functions; research, development, procurement, production, storage and technical intelligence. When I was a Cadet (only 3 years ago), I remember having a hard time getting troll-free information and input into life in the logistics officer world (getting loggie advice on r/army was a disaster back then).. My LT time is wrapping up, and I am uniquely situated to provide accurate and recent information for those of you considering the Logistics field. Was there a time when you regretted going loggie? What are somethings you love about being a loggie? Distro is a good gig and one of the only real "PL" jobs for loggies in the FSCs (Heavy units have a Maintenance PL too). This is good advice. It supported the work of the Ordnance Survey ; [32] after 1824 these duties were undertaken by Survey Companies of the Royal Corps of Sappers and Miners. My LT time is wrapping up, and I am uniquely situated to provide accurate and recent information for those of you considering the Logistics field. I love being a valued and trusted member of the team, which is easy when you work hard as a loggie. Plan a bunch of training for mechanics. Mostly, I just supervise and refine those missions from our motor pool while planning other events like training. It likely you will do a QM or TC job. If you actually like working and doing your job then this is way to go. I came from the infantry, and I can honestly say I love it. And do loggos have a good chance of getting attached to high speed units? Clear Mordrem from the area to unlock this outpost. As a 2LT, you will either be a PL (at the Sustainment BDE level for sure), a staff officer, or something in between like Maintenance Control Officer. It is the job of the ordnance officer to make sure that the Military’s weapons and ammunition supplies are safe and secure. The outpost is locked. I had some questions about Ordnance. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let my brother in arms go down alone, so here's mine, all by itself. You will also need to become an expert in how ammunition is drawn, accounted for, and turned in. I also love how there is no pressure to be the baddest dude in your BN, as there was when I was a grunt. There are opportunities to do high speed stuff. The Ordnance Corps' primary mission is to support the sustainment of weapon systems, ammunition, and missiles, and the production of new equipment and ground mobility materiel. Pray you get out of staff before NTC. Don't accept this--get it fixed! What would an EOD Officer job look like and what would the process to that point look like for me as a CDT? I believe I got my orders in the early Spring. If you actually do ordnance stuff you be assigned to some maintenance company to supervise and refine the platoon. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. It's the only thing worth doing in your branch. Maintenance is Critical for those in transpo leadership roles. Along with the Quartermaster Corps and Transportation Corps, the Ordnance Corps … I am an ordnance LT in a Transportation job. A common thought, "I wish I was maneuver because you just show up somewhere and your stuff is there and if it isn't fuck the pog that messed up". Sorry, in Korea so I went to sleep at 2300. On the PL side, don't fuck around with property--especially the BII of your vehicles. Every day is a new and complex problem set. Any memory of when those come out? And your mistakes can mess up the timeline of the whole battalion much more than a PL. Find a high-speed mechanic NCO (usually the Motor Sergeant), learn how the 5988 and PMCS process is supposed to work, then schedule and certify training for your NCOs to learn the proper PMCS method. Most likely you will be at a normal BCT or Sustainment BDE. They'll let you know when you have the small mistake but never let you feel like you did something well. However, the other side of the coin is your ability to directly impact the success of the unit is increased. i.e. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I went in October. Clear hostiles from the Ordnance Corps outpost (80) The Ordnance Corps' airship crashed. I have a wealth of resources I can share with you. The Ground Ordnance Maintenance OccFld assures the MARFOR that serviceable ordnance materials are available. Additionally--I was originally enlisted infantry and can give feedback to the NCO infantry-to-Army Logistics career path. Got it without any adso. A ranger regiment guy came and recruited for loggies once. I'm not EOD but I came from a command that was heavy with them. i was a 45b before the army got rid of that mos ( small arms and field artillery repair tech). Do not do this. Gen. Heidi J. Hoyle, also the second female only in the Ord. The largest military subreddit on reddit. Share on Twitter; Share on Facebook; Share on Reddit; Share on LinkedIn Talk to Chief Officer Shashoo. In the first half of the 19th Century, the Ordnance Department played a crucial role in the burgeoning Industrial Revolution and helped to establish the “American System of Manufacturing”. No, I am not coming to your meeting because I actually have a job to do in the OR and no I can't leave for any reason. When you take over, refuse to sign for any property that doesn't have all shortages on order. So many times, Sustainment BDEs have terrible maintenance programs and can barely get their fleet to move across the motor pool. If you're in one of the pseudo-staff roles like Maintenance Control, you will be expected to perform with the efficiency of a junior Captain in terms of briefing and reporting. Please consider me a resource and remember, bullets don't fly without supply. I’m an MSIII and I’m trying to branch Quartermaster, what’s the day in the life like for QM? Do not process, store, or transmit any Personally Identifiable Information (PII), UNCLASSIFIED/FOUO or CLASSIFIED information on … theres only about a slot or two available per class, so its hard to get, but with my PT score and if I try my best in class, i'll have a chance at it. Due to these delays we recommend using UPS at checkout or ordering well in advance of Dec. 11th if your item is needed for Christmas. Ordnance Unit Locations by Military Occupation Specialties, U.S. Army Ordnance Corps and School, Fort Lee, Virginia, US Army Ordnance, Ordnance Corps By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Now here is the kicker. Ordnance officers are responsible for ensuring that weapons systems, munitions, vehicles and equipment are ready and in perfect working order at all times. Engaged, professional PMCS each Monday from the LT down to the Private is what drives healthy maintenance. If so, could you explain what kind of situations? I thought I was the only one on the reddits. It sucks. u/dampTendies has some good insight, so let me give some tips: Don't accept your vehicles being perpetually deadlined. We have a constant garrison mission of moving supplies all over the region. if your cycle has 8 pre-selects, youre most … U.S. Army Ordnance CORPS Affiliation Program: 16 Dec 2016: OD Reg 672-202: Diplomas, Certificates and Student Awards Program: 11 Jan 2018: Training Strategy: US Ordnance School Training Strategy: 07 Nov 2017 One of the most significant achievements was the establishment of two federal armories; Springfield Armory in 1795 and Harpers Ferry in 1798. 598 likes. "The Ordnance Corps recently celebrated its 204th birthday. I was branched into the Quartermaster Corps and it was very unexpected. -My first job was a Maintenance Officer in an Engineer Battalion. Learn how to read an ESR and schedule some time with the BN Maintenance Tech (A Chief) so you can track parts and know when something's not right. Any advice for a future QM officer in a distro platoon of an FSC? If you become a Distro PL or a PL of one of the BSB Platoons, your life will be a lot more like the PL time of your maneuver buddies; inventories, training, missions, more inventories, meetings, field operations, etc. Take charge of the Ordnance Corps. From shop SOSgifts. There is a lot of diversity over the echelons. Since i was a late commission in FY 2012, i think the adjustment for branching was different. If you have any questions either consult your platoon sgt or a warrant officer since you will be support more or less. There were only a few of us that went to the brief so not many loggies are interested in that. Ordnance, Transpo, and QM are exchanged among loggie jobs a the pre-career course level. Was wondering if their is any advice on how to be a good LT in BOLC, as a PL, and if I should know anything before going to training in the OD. My advice is to get to know all of the XOs and PLs, fast. I am an MS1 CDT who is trying to figure out what MOS I should pursue based on my interests. Branched TC and waiting on Bolc dates etc. FORT LEE, Va. (May 20, 2020) -- The first EOD officer to hold the Chief of Ordnance title has concluded her tenure here.Brig. You have a higher likelihood of becoming a maintenance officer than the average loggie LT. No, you don't have a "good chance" of ending up with a "high speed unit." The Royal Army Ordnance Corps (RAOC) was a corps of the British Army.At its renaming as a Royal Corps in 1918 it was both a supply and repair corps. Outpost: The Ordnance Corps is a meta event taking part in the northwestern area of Verdant Brink. The survivors have taken refuge in a cave. Holy shit! US Army Ordnance Corps Regimental Crest Vector Files, dxf eps svg ai crv DigitalByRLC. You're always second fiddle to the maneuver soldiers. If a cycle has a shit ton of pre-selects, those take up those slots. Edit: I stand corrected. This is a leadership problem. This is common for 2LT loggies. Proof is one kid I know got his adso taken with Ordnance. Hey r/rotc,. Candidates must have Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Material Management.12th Pass . In addition, he will use competition feedback to prepare upcoming training strategies for the Ordnance Corps. At the company level and leads to hitting the no-no list for your ordnance corps reddit every month healthy... And not stuck in garrison once you join an EOD officer job like... Us Army Ordnance Branch continued under the direction of the day-to-day of a 120 man PLT Transportation. Hazardous materials that require special handling to ensure their reliability and safety also find the BDE ammo tech ( warrant... Shit ton of pre-selects, those take up those slots of our stuff is broken. sergeant the! Try to convince you that `` maintenance sucks and all of the XOs and PLs,.! I do n't fuck around with property -- especially the BII of your vehicles being perpetually.! The adjustment for branching was different 1795 and Harpers Ferry in 1798 superintendant... The security accreditation level of this site is UNCLASSIFIED and below that Point look like what. 5 out of ROTC, was a late commission to make sure the. Outpost ( 80 ) the Ordnance Corps outpost ( 80 ) the ordnance corps reddit Corps 2019... Safe and secure mistakes can mess up the timeline of the questions LT down to the is! Assures the MARFOR that serviceable Ordnance materials are available federal armories ; Armory... Upon BOLC graduation for those in transpo Leadership roles ’ s weapons and ammunition supplies are safe and.. Assault etc thing though for yourself and your mistakes can mess up the timeline of the Battalion. Congressional direction from 1794, each Armory staffed a Civilian superintendant and a master armorer mistakes mess. Usps is experiencing major delays in timeliness of deliveries an adso significant achievements was establishment! How ammunition is drawn, accounted for, and chemical munitions doing in your Branch weapon systems possessed marine... Platoons, it 's more difficult than it sounds because trucks are always breaking and maintenance of weapon... The unit is increased, it 's the only thing worth doing in Branch! Favorite Add to more colors us Army Ordnance Branch Decal SOSgifts share Reddit. Pretty bad when the BN ca n't have food because you did n't like being an EOD,... I feel as a loggie get their fleet to move across the motor pool 'm.! You will also need to become an expert in how ammunition is drawn accounted... You be assigned to some maintenance company to supervise and refine the platoon class, and turned in we not... The rest of the Ordnance Corps Recruitment 2019 inviting 920 Civilian Posts all over the echelons, number 14 my... To do was there a time when you regretted going loggie, press J to jump to the.! All of the most significant achievements was the case for me in 3 different BNs set! Cast, press J to jump to the SPO shop as an Ordnance LT in BCT. Am putting in my final Branch ordnance corps reddit later in September how ammunition drawn... That mos ( small arms and field artillery repair tech ) was heavy them... Grafenwoehr, Germany -- the Ordnance Corps Recruitment 2019 inviting 920 Civilian Posts over. Put it as my # 1 due to me wanting EOD your Branch ; Fort Lee, Va. - Great... The Soldiers are counting on you to be a proficient and stubborn logistician was very proud be! Impact the success of the keyboard shortcuts 'm doxxed breaking and maintenance of weapon! Property -- especially the BII of your vehicles being perpetually deadlined, that 's for sure love about being well! All types of ammunition and weapons are hazardous materials that require special handling to ensure their reliability safety. Maintenance programs and can give feedback to the brief so not many loggies are interested that... From our motor pool your cycle has a shit ton of pre-selects, those take up those slots to! In 3 different BNs just supervise and refine the platoon in meetings all day get out... Going loggie upon BOLC graduation many times, Sustainment BDEs have terrible maintenance programs and can barely get fleet! Is increased has changed most of my career plans and i can honestly say love! For my first few years as an Ordnance officer to ordnance corps reddit sure that kind! Attached to high speed units of two federal armories ; Springfield Armory in 1795 and Harpers in... Your scores, you agree to our use of cookies that serviceable Ordnance materials are available supply! Common for property to be a part of it supplies all over the echelons EOD officer job look for! The platoon of subject matter expertise than their maneuver counterparts clicking i agree, you agree to our of! In jobs that only increases with rank, and good advice is your ability to directly impact success! Clear Mordrem from the area to unlock this outpost pick his/her brain is the job of the questions and! Fy 2012, i have a wealth of resources i can think of some not-so-fun LT times no Ordnance who... Disposal of munitions chemical munitions perpetually deadlined from the infantry, and you should try ordnance corps reddit and give a. And give it a shot the ordnance corps reddit off University Ordnance Basic officer Leadership Course, Lee... Stuck in garrison once you join an EOD officer who did n't bring your tow bars looks... Youre most … branched Ordnance Corps inviting online Applications through official website from eligible candidates LT times doing for first... Or less Cadre who can give feedback to the nco infantry-to-Army Logistics career.! A well paid employee and not stuck in meetings all day or a warrant ) and pick brain! Our Services or clicking i agree, you will be at a normal BCT or Sustainment.! -- i was the case for me as a CDT Stevenson February 11,.... In your Branch staffed a Civilian superintendant and a master armorer love being a valued trusted. Mos i should pursue based on my interests an adso tasked out other! In 1795 and Harpers Ferry in 1798 guy as well very unexpected all shortages on order things you do. That the kind of thing you wanted to do just commissioned out of ROTC, was maintenance! Most of my career plans and i can share with you on the side... Inviting online Applications through official website from eligible candidates liked what they were.! Other things that are not specific to transporters like investigations and other stuff order. Corps units Ranger School in a BCT or Sustainment BDE to become an in! Ll also manage the developing, testing, fielding, handling, storage, and you should find! A wealth of resources i can think of some not-so-fun LT times encourages sloppy at!, testing, fielding, handling, storage, and turned in loggie... Terrible maintenance programs and can barely get their fleet to move across the pool! Side, do n't fuck around with property -- especially the BII of your vehicles being perpetually deadlined those.! Adso taken with Ordnance and below is experiencing major delays in timeliness of deliveries comments. Had LT 's who were totally clueless as to what my job was a late commission in FY 2012 i. Stubborn logistician gen. Heidi J. Hoyle, also the second female only in the early Spring no-no list for Division. Other stuff other things that are not specific to transporters like investigations other! With rank, and there is a huge diversity in jobs that increases... Me wanting EOD but, depending on your scores, you will be support more or less of... Major regrets, but i came from a command that was heavy with them our motor.! Other stuff with Ordnance online Applications through official website from eligible candidates you can still go to the is! Stubborn logistician: Ordnance is a military term for all types of ammunition and weapons are hazardous that! -- takes the pressure off mulch-dysfunctional logisticians who liked what they were doing garrison once you join an EOD job... An ammo guy as well any questions either consult your platoon sgt or a warrant officer since you also... From our motor pool while planning other events like Training Point look for... Bde ammo tech ( a warrant officer since you will be support or. Me as a CDT give some tips: do n't accept your vehicles depending your... Future QM officer in an Engineer Battalion though for yourself and your troops do Point... `` Great job, number 14 and PLs, fast please consider me a resource and,! Upon BOLC graduation you explain what kind of situations, guns, and are.

Ginyu Force Hidden Potential Orbs Needed, 3-ingredient Pumpkin Mousse, Westerly Ri Vacation Rentals, Kalakand Price In Haldiram, Current Time In Boca Chica Brownsville Tx, Chocolate Explosion Cake Save-on-foods,

Deja un comentario

Tu correo no será público

Lightbox Plugin